canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

My Biasi M296.24SM/C combi boiler is giving hot water but will

My Biasi M296.24SM/C combi boiler is giving hot water but will not work for Central heating the boiler is two years old
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Will you tell me what the system pressure is at the boiler?

Customer: 1 bar
canuck the pro :

Do you know if your circulation pump is running? If so does it seem exceptionally hot?

Customer: Not sure
canuck the pro :

Are you using a wireless thermostat?

Customer: no actually no thermostat at all
canuck the pro :

How are you controlling your heat?

Customer: I just manually switch it on and off
canuck the pro :

Are you familiar with where the diverter valve is? Are you planning on repairing yourself or are you just getting an idea before calling someone out?

Customer: I am planning on a self repair and did actually have the diverter valve in mind after reding the service manual
Customer: I know where the diverter valve is
canuck the pro :

It may be that the diverter is sticking. You may be able to get it to not stick. If you remove the motorized valve then try to move the diverter and if the diverter seems to be moving freely than the motorized valve would be the fault. If it is stuck and you free it up then replace the motorized valve and it should work then.

Customer:

Customer:

Thank you for your help.

Customer:

Crazy but it turned out to be a connection block which was used to bypass the old thermostat.

Customer:

Great quick service have rated you.

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber and Handyman