Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a biasi combi boiler which is about 10 years old. I

Customer Question

I have a biasi combi boiler which is about 10 years old.
I spoke to a gas engineer who told me the problem was the heating exchanger
He suggested I have a full power flush (although he said this may not fix the problem and could do more damage to the boiler if anything else is weakened) would it still be advisable to go ahead.
The ignition light goes out after about an hour and I have to leave it for 15mins before ignigting it up again
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi . flush the whole heating system , then after its clean replace the heat exchanger

JACUSTOMER-xyp6nfm4- :

What I want to know is what the likelihood is of damaging the boiler further if the power flush goes ahead

Customer:

It won't damage the boiler . but if your system is sludged up , then the new heat v exchanger may block up too

JACUSTOMER-xyp6nfm4- :

As I am moving shortly I don't want to go to the expense of a new heat exchanger so would a power flush alone

JACUSTOMER-xyp6nfm4- :

resolve the problem.

JACUSTOMER-xyp6nfm4- :

Would you advise me to go ahead with it.

Customer:

You have just rated me poor service and are still asking me questions?

JACUSTOMER-xyp6nfm4- :

I will revise my rating once I receive a satisfactory answer and was told to ask another question to you

Customer:

Yes I would advise you to go ahead with it . but you need a good company to do it that guarantees satisfaction .that is pflush.com.

Customer:

Is there any more advice that you need?

JACUSTOMER-xyp6nfm4- :

No, that's fine thank you.

Customer:

Ok , would you mind re rating me?

Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience