Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Hi, I have a Worcester bosch 28i junior which is faulty, I

Hi, I have a Worcester bosch 28i junior which is faulty, I cannot get hot water whilst the central heating is on. If you turn on the hot tap whilst ch is on the light flashes slowly, however if I turn the central heating off say 5 minutes before hot water comes through fine. I have had a boiler man (gas safe registered) out to it numerous times over the last month. He has replaced the pressure valve and then tried to 'blow up the pressure balloon' as he put it. He now tells me the balloon has burst so I need a new boiler. I have lost confidence in him and am considering getting someone else out but don't want to waste money - does this sound right? Many thanks
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Your right to loose confidence in him .the only reason to replace or blow up the pressure balloon( pressure vessel) is if the boiler is over pressurising and dumping water out of the safety valve . these can be replaced if faulty , which I doubt it is .

Plumberpro :

Just because someone is gas safe doesn't mean they have any boiler fault experience

Plumberpro :

Hi what colour light flashes slowly? When this happens

Customer:

He did say it is releasing water outside - the boiler is in a fitted kitchen and he said he would have to take cabinet out to fix it and if we needed new boiler it wouldnt fit in cupboard. The main restart light flashes but slowly.

Plumberpro :

Ok , you could replace like for like , but can you tell me if its the blue or the red light that flashes slowly, thanks

Customer:

Hi - its the red.

Plumberpro :

Hi , when the red flashes slowly , is the blue light on or flashing?

Customer:

Just the red light - I have never seen a blue light - not sure it has one.

Plumberpro :

Ok . can you give me a few minutes whilst I look up the manual , thanks

Plumberpro :

Hi . you have a PCB faulty . you need to change the PCB in the boiler .

Plumberpro :

Its quite an expensive part , unfortunately . how old is the boiler?

Customer:

Hi, not sure - it was in the house when we moved in - but its fairly old in boiler terms I think. I have phoned another plumber for a second opinion - he's hopefully coming out next week.

Plumberpro :

Ok

Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience