Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

i would like to know, preferblle from a legal stand point if

i would like to know, preferblle from a legal stand point if im able to replace a part in my own gas boiler in my own home that i own.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi ,not if is a gas part , ie gas valve. Electricians have been given the right to replace electrical components that don't affe t the combustion. But they have to be deemed competent.

Plumberpro :

Its a big responsibility if anything were to go wrong , what part were you needing to change?

Customer:

hi

Customer:

either the gasket or the probe that causes thhe E5 error on a remeha avanta plus boiler,

Customer:

im confident of doing a good job just need to know the legalities

Plumberpro :

Hi , if you are confident enough and competent then the proble shouldn't be a big deal .

Plumberpro :

But if you are not competent then use a gas registered boiler engineer

Customer:

still did not answer my question. i was wanting to know if i could do it legaly etc

Plumberpro :

No . you can't . if you have to ask that question it shows you don't have a clue about what you are doing and by asking it putting someone in an awkward situation themselves

Customer:

so for a legal point of view its a no, well we got they, thanks for the answer.

Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience