Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Baxi boiler always on

Baxi boiler always on
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi .could it be that the boiler is on for hot water heating?

Customer: Hi,According to the programmer both hearing and hot water should not be on, and o can hear the boiler start hearing if I press override, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.
Customer: Hi, I have already looked into that. According to the programmer both hot water and hearing should not be on. If I click advance I hear the boiler Fire up and start heating. It wasn't making any noise a few days ago unless programmed to be on.
Plumberpro :

Ok . when it appears to come on is the boiler firing? And are bthevpipes getting hot?

Customer: Yes, it's all working fine when the programmer says it should. Its just this additional noise when it should be off that's new. Could it be anything to do with pressure? Pressure is at about 1.4.
Plumberpro :

No . the pressure is fine, when you have this additional noise is the boiler actually firing up and continuing to heat?

Plumberpro :

Hi . really need an answer to this last question to be able to continue with the diagnosis , thanks

Customer:

No, it is not firing. Only the "Central heating ON light" is lit. The "Burner ON Light" is not lit. It is making similar sound though - like it is pumping water through, or a fan is running.

Plumberpro :

Ok . it sounds like it is the pump over in that is on . this clears heat from the heat exchanger once the programme switches off to stop an overheat. How long does it run for afterwards?

Customer:

Non-stop, 24 hours a day. This has been happening since Friday.

Plumberpro :

Ok . sounds like a PCB board malfunction. Will just check them manual . please give me a few mins , thanks

Plumberpro :

Just checking with baxi as boards are expensive

Plumberpro :

Hi . sounds like the pump overun . this is operated via the pcb . this will need replacing .

Plumberpro :

Sorry , have to pop out for an hour

Customer:

No problem, thanks for your help. It's still under warranty, so I'll call them for a visit.