Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

My boiler is not staying fired up, it fires up then the flames

My boiler is not staying fired up, it fires up then the flames go out again after 1 second or so, then it fires up again and this process continues, we have no hot water
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi does it do the same for heating and hot water?

Customer:

It will not fire up without heating on

Plumberpro :

Hi . its a Combi?

Customer:

Yes biasi M90e 32s

Plumberpro :

Hi . your heating temperature sensor needs replacing . but replace the hot water one at the same time .

Customer:

They were changed about 1 month ago

Plumberpro :

Why? Same problem?

Plumberpro :

Does the heating work on its own?

Customer:

Yes same problem I think, the heating does work on its own but the burner is intermittent

Plumberpro :

Could be a couple of issues going on with it . can you give me a couple of mins to check the wiring diagram on the manual , thanks

Customer:

No problem, thanks

Plumberpro :

Ok . if you have changed the temp sensors then I think the hot water flow switch definitely needs changing. The intermittent burner could be weak fan , air pressure switch or flame sensing probe/ flame rectification probe. I think the way to go is to change the hot water flow switch . and flame rectification probe .

Plumberpro :

If they manual had a wiring diagram I could tell you where to test the hot water flow switch on the board. But if you have a multimeter you could probably test the flow switch on ohms . with hot tap off and hot tap running see if the switch is making .

Customer:

Ok, not sure now if the boiler is worth it, we have had it for 6 years I would have to get the repairs done, do you have any idea how much it will be around?

Plumberpro :

Probably about £250 ,£100 for parts, £ 150 labour , but it really depends who you get to do it. Its not a great boiler I'm afraid to say and when they start to go , they are a lot of trouble

Customer:

Are you based near the Manchester area?

Plumberpro :

I'm not , I'm just outside London I'm afraid .

Customer:

Ok I will call a local heating engineer, at least you have given me some information to pass on and hopefully I don't get ripped off.

Plumberpro :

Sometimes it pays to ask neighbours or local plumbers merchants for a someone with a good reputation , who they have used more than once and can do boiler repairs , instead of just installs

Customer:

Sure, thanks for your help.

Plumberpro :

Your welcome

Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience