Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

HCW80 has incorrect temperature "reading"

Customer Question

The Thermostat HCW80 has incorrect temperature "reading" - it will only start the boiler when I turn it to 27-28 degrees, the room is definitely cooler than that (about 21 degrees) The plumber recently changed the Programming unit and the electric board and reconnected all wiring - the boiler, the pump, the mid position valve all work properly, the same with hot water and central heating, but the problem is that after all the changes the HCW80 is now not working correctly and the plumber could not help with this.

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi , has the position of the stat been moved? And does it still click when the dial is turned?

JACUSTOMER-y0wlzjs6- :

Hi, the position has not changed. What do you mean by clicking? The HCW80 has never clicked even before when it worked ok, the only thing that has been clicking is this other component HC60N (if I recall the numbers right) which is wired to mains and onto the board next to boiler along with other items like pump or valve.

Customer:

Hi . did the plumber remove the front cover of the hcw80?

Customer:

Hi , try this .Take the front cover off , turn the inner wheel down / spindle down , then replace the cover. The temp should be more in line with the wheel temp .

JACUSTOMER-y0wlzjs6- :

Thanks, ***** ***** try it tonight when back home and let you know the outcome.

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

Hi , how did you get on , did you manage a reconnection?