Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a Worcester 30si Greenstar MKIII. The main light is

Customer Question

I have a Worcester 30si Greenstar MKIII. The main light is flashing fast but there is no green light for the flame. Done the reset, bar over 1 still not resetting. Recently had the PCB and transformer replaced due to a power surge. any ideas?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi just finding the manual 5 mins , thanks

JACUSTOMER-ix3pw1zx- :

ok

Customer:

Hi , is it the blue light that is flashing ?

JACUSTOMER-ix3pw1zx- :

The blue light is flashing fast but the flame light ( green light ) is off. I have tried the reset and even turned the whole thing off an on but not heating or hot water.

Customer:

Ok , thanks , when you reset the boiler does anything happen? Ie fan run?

JACUSTOMER-ix3pw1zx- :

Yeah it kicks off but then goes back to the fast blue flashing with a min or so

JACUSTOMER-ix3pw1zx- :

The downstairs control shows as if the heating is on. Flame showing on the screen

Customer:

Hi . the fault code is fan or the temperature thermistors. However it sounds like the fan is running, and it is quite typical for the thermistors to wear out . it will most likely be the heating one , but change the hot water one as well . these can be tested with a multimeter on ohms . should have a resistance reading of 2100 ohms at room temp

JACUSTOMER-ix3pw1zx- :

Ok thanks for that. Any idea on what I will roughly get charged for a plumber to fix it?

Customer:

The thermistors around 30 each and hour and half to fit.

JACUSTOMER-ix3pw1zx- :

Last question!! I had a power surge that caused the transformer and pcb board to blow. British Gas came over a fixed it as it was their fault. Could this be caused by the surge? Happened 2 months ago. Just thinking if it weakened the thermistiors??

Customer:

Hi , if it was enough to blow the PCB and transformer , then maybe , but its hard to say for certain. Its worth bringing it up with them .

JACUSTOMER-ix3pw1zx- :

Thanks Toby

Customer:

Your welcome