Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

, I have a Honeywell DT90e The thermostat doesn't seem

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Honeywell DT90e The thermostat doesn't seem to control boiler. I.e. When I select the temperature to what I want: 18.c, the boiler remains on and the actual temperature value gets up to 24.c
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
***** ***** : Is it a wireless thermostat?
JACUSTOMER-9gc2vf0y- : No, it's wired
***** ***** : Do you have the make and model of the boiler?
***** ***** : Do youhave a cylinder?
JACUSTOMER-9gc2vf0y- : Boiler is a Glow worm ultra com2 35cxi
***** ***** : Ok a combi
JACUSTOMER-9gc2vf0y- : No cylinder
***** ***** : If you turn it onto hot water only does it turn the heating off?
JACUSTOMER-9gc2vf0y- : Yes it does at the boiler. I can control the boiler fine at the boiler. Its only the thermostat that won't command the boiler to switch on and off, even though the thermostat indicates that it's done it
***** ***** : Ok, at least not a boiler fault
***** ***** : Are you able to disconnect the thermostat and make sure the heating turns off?
***** ***** : This will prove it is not a wiring fault
JACUSTOMER-9gc2vf0y- : Yes, have disconnected the
JACUSTOMER-9gc2vf0y- : have disconnected the live wire to the thermostat and this has turned he heating off
***** ***** : A faulty room stat then.
***** ***** : Would you like me to help you find a replacement?
JACUSTOMER-9gc2vf0y- : I think this one still has a guarantee with it. I'll take it back for a replacement
***** ***** : No problem - well found
***** ***** : ;-)
JACUSTOMER-9gc2vf0y- : Cheers
***** ***** : I hope you got everything you need.
***** ***** : You just need to click accept to close the question.