Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have underfloor heating in a sunroom but it is still freezing.

Customer Question

My question is Is it possible to install a radiator by tap plain into the underfloor pipe work?
I have photos of the pipe work so it wouldn't be very difficult if it would work
Any advice would be very appreciated
Peter.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

. it depends what temperature the underfloor heating is running at . it would obviously be better to pick up the pipework before it reaches the underfloor heating manifold.

JACUSTOMER-g98qof59- : Can't pick it up anywhere else without digging up floors.
Customer:

Well , you could try it . if the temp of the water is low you would need a larger radiator. Its worth a go . if it doesnt quite work then you could always cap it off .

Customer:

Underfloor heating is so hard to get to work properly. It depends on floor covering , depth of pipe , temp of water etc.

JACUSTOMER-g98qof59- : What temerature should the underfloor heating operate at?
JACUSTOMER-g98qof59- : there is a thermostat on the pump set at 50degrees if I increase that to 70 degrees can I do any harm
Customer:

Usually 50. If you increase it , it won't do any harm. Will just increase running costs