Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a gravity fed water system with a Stuart Turner Monsoon

I have a gravity fed water system with a Stuart Turner Monsoon 2.5 bar whole house booster pump fitted.
I intend to fit a Miras Platinum Digital shower but I have been advised that the unpumped version it is not a suitable and that I should fit a pumped version which to my mind is duplication.
Can anyone tell me why?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

.

Customer:

Toby, all I can see is a "." on my screen, what's your opinion?

Plumberpro :

. I definitely wouldn't fit a pumped version . I don't know why you have been told not to fit the unpumped version unless Mira themselves don't recommend that. I will try and find the manual and have a look

Customer:

The response was from a Mira representative. Just don't understand why.

Customer:

She suggested bypassing the existing pump and taking new feeds from the CW tank and HW tanks

Customer:

Sorry have to pop out, but will check back later to see if you have come up with anything, thanks help. Ed

Plumberpro :

, there is nothing in the install manual about using the umpumoed version in conjunction with a shower pump . I can only recommend giving Mira customer services a call to check before installing it .

Customer:

Ok thanks . Ed

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.