Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Mexico System boiler over 10 years old.Radiators get hot,

Customer Question

Mexico System boiler over 10 years old.
Radiators get hot, but no hot water.
What is the solution?
Also, would you let me keep the question open for few weeks?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi , do you have a hot water cylinder with a thermostat? And what motorised valves if any? The question won't hold for 3 weeks , it will time out , well before that .you might be better off coming on when you are ready

Customer :

Yes I have a hot water cylinder with a thermostat. There are motorised valves.

Plumberpro :

Ok , so you have a motorised valve for the heating and one for the hot water?

Plumberpro :

If you do are they Honeywell's( silver box heads)

Plumberpro :

And if they are , has the lever for the hot water one come across( should feel loose) with hot water on at programmer

Plumberpro :

If not , turn the cylinder stat up and down , does it click?

Plumberpro :

Hi , could you please rate your answer if you have had enough info , thanks

Customer :

I am sorry for the late response as I did not have enough information.

Customer :

I am sorry for the late response as I did not have enough information. An engineer had replaced actuator zone valve, the 2 port valve body and the cylinder stat. This did not work. So he said that a portion of the hot water pipe had sludge which needs to be removed.

Customer :

I do not agree with his diagnosis. That is why I want your opinion. Is it possible that sludge will affect only the hot water? Is not it possible that there is something else wrong? Base on your reply i can ask the engineer to take further steps.

Customer :

My question has not been answered and I have had to seek answer from elsewhere. Please, refund my payment.