Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

my boiler is supplied with a Boss wireless thermostat

Customer Question

my boiler is supplied with a Boss wireless thermostat BRTRF but I did not get any instructions of how to operate. Just need to know when RED light comes on, I assume there is no communication, what is the reason or reasons and how do I get it to communicate please. It seems to happen quite often usually when its freezing cold outside!!
If you can give me a simple guide I would be most obliged. Thanks
Ed
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi , it maybe the batteries are on their way out, if you are loosing communication .sometimes it can be distance from stat to the reciever, .try changing the batteries. There is an override on the reciever if your stat ever fails . just push the button and this will turn the heating on bypassing the stat

Customer:

There are online instructions, but very basic

JACUSTOMER-lrjc4fth- :

Thanks, ***** ***** change batteries is it set up automatically or is there something you need to do to get it to operate again?

Customer:

Should reconnect automatically. Turn the stat up and down

JACUSTOMER-lrjc4fth- :

Also if you need to press the "SET" button to override how do you return it to normal operation?

Customer:

Just by pressing it again