Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

We have a Halstead Best 50 boiler which when switched on runs

Customer Question

We have a Halstead Best 50 boiler which when switched on runs for about 10 to 15 seconds then switches off then comes back on and does the same
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi , can you hear the fan running and then the boiler trying to spark?

JACUSTOMER-o587aab9- :

Yes

Customer:

Hi , then it will either be that the fan is getting weak and on its way out or that the air pressure switch is on the way out.

JACUSTOMER-o587aab9- :

Hi, thanks. Is this something we could do ourselves, or would you recommend a Plumber coming to do this? If you think we could do this, could you please advise us how?

Customer:

Hi. It doesn't involve gas parts just electrical components . fan has four screws and the air pressure switch one or two .and . unfortunately I cannot suggest you do it yourselves as I don't want to be liable . take the boiler cover off . identify the an and air pressure switch and the connection and see if its something you feel competant to do