Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Biasi M90E.24S wiring to Nest Thermostat question. Can anybody

Biasi M90E.24S wiring to Nest Thermostat question. Can anybody tell me which terminal on the boiler is the "Call-For-Heat" terminal?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi , give me a few mins to check the wiring in the manual , thanks

Customer:

sure, no worries.

Plumberpro :

Hi . it will be 3 in metal he boiler wiring block . do you have the manual?

Customer:

okay, so the wall thermostat the I have replaced was wired to pins 1 & 3 and was a simple 'normally open' until it 'called for heat' when the circuit was 'closed' and the boiler kicked in.

Customer:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/support-assets.nest.com/images/tpzimages/Nest-Thermostat-Installation-Guide-UK.pdf

Customer:

in the nest wiring diagram in the link above on page 13, would the biasi common be pin 1?

Customer:

i.e. pin 1 common, and pin 3 'call for heat'?

Plumberpro :

Hi , I will check that link and come back in a few mins. But yes if the nest is a simple in and out then use the same wiring , but just double checking your link

Plumberpro :

Hi , yes 3 from boiler to 2 in heat link nest. , 1 in boiler to 1 in heat link nest

Plumberpro :

Just to put it simply 3 on boiler is common

Customer:

can I just confirm "1 in boiler to 1 in heat link nest"? 1 on the nest heat link is the 'normally closed' relay or "satisfied" terminal. Pin 3 on the nest is 'normally closed' or 'call for heat'

Customer:

sorry... Pin 3 on the nest is 'normally closed' c should have read 'normally open' or 'call for heat'

Plumberpro :

2 and 3 are the connection in the nest.2 is common and 3 is call for heat.according to the manual

Customer:

correct, so should pin 1 in the boiler not be wired to pin 3 'call for heat' on the nest heat link and not pin 1 ?

Customer:

Plumberpro says:

6:39 PM

Plumberpro :

3 in boiler is common in nest and 1 call for heat . have you tried this ?

Customer:

I can't try it tonight Toby, the installation is at my holiday cottage. I'll be happy to give you a good rating if you can confirm that pin1 on the boiler is 'call for heat' and will connect to pin 3 in the nest which is also labeled 'call for heat' and that pin3 in the boiler is common and will connect to pin 2 on the nest which is labeled common.

Plumberpro :

Ok , just double checking

Plumberpro :

That's correct.

Customer:

cheers Toby.

Plumberpro :

Your welcome

Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience