Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I wonder if you could shed some light on a small problem

Customer Question

Hi I wonder if you could shed some light on a small problem I have an isar he30 boiler . After doing some kitchen works today and changing some taps ect some of the water that was drained come from the boiler, resulting in loss of pressure. I have filled the boiler back up again to to 1psi and the hot water now works fine, the heating however does not it fires for about 30secs then the pressure gauge starts becoming erratic and the boiler cuts out. I have bleed the rads and still no change. Have you any idea what might be causing the problem thanks chris

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi , you could have a blockage in the domestic hot water heat exchanger which is causing the boiler to fire, overheat , cut out then restart etc. . was the boiler working fine before turning off the mains? To change the taps