Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I would like to build a dog bath similar to this one in my

Customer Question

I would like to build a dog bath similar to this one in my garage: http://activerain.trulia.com/image_store/uploads/8/5/2/8/0/ar13051380708258.JPG
I'm looking for advice (please be honest if my plan won't work)
My plan is to build the surround with bricks and then plaster/tile/seal myself. Drainage will be a pipe that runs through the garage wall to an existing drain outside.
Then I will get a plumber to pass a cold water feed through from our kitchen (through the wall from the garage) and connect it to an electric shower unit which will be mounted on the wall above the dog bath.
The one thing I don't really have a plan for... How should I construct the base of the bath including the drain hole?
If this plan doesn't look do-able or if you see any risky areas, please let me know.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi . that link isn't working for me.that all sounds ok . I would build the frame with bricks or wood with a marine plyboard board ,thickest available on top . cut a hole for the waste. Have the waste pipe drop down ,through the wood or brick base and to the drain. This job is ok to do should be easy enough

JACUSTOMER-5rrzheyw- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-5rrzheyw- :

Hi, I attached the image, hopefully it shows up now

Customer:

Hi , just got the link to work . I would build out of plywood sheet and 3 by 3 timber . then tile over .you could also use concrete board for added waterproofing. Once you have the basic frame you would just need to buy a shower waste and trap and some inch and a half waste pipe