Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

I have read answers on here to the same question I have but

the heating wont turn off despite the control panel being on "off" and central thermostat on low - I have read answers on here to the same question I have but it's not helping as I don't know where I'm looking. In previous replies to others you mention a lever for hot water/heating but I can't locate it. Some of the pipes and things are hidden behind panels so wanted to check before I get the screwdriver out. I have taken photos of everything I can see too: https://plus.google.com/photos/101581888427601259593/albums/6141981534833788289 Turning the boiler on and off few times hasn't helped loosening a potentially stuck valve ... Any thoughts? Alex

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Can you confirm the only way to turn it off is to turn off at the fused spur near the programmer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know where a fused spur for the boiler might be, there is none visible near the boiler or programming panel. Have you looked at the photos via the link I posted? The wall panel for setting heat and hot water timings is set to off. Furthermore, on the front of the boiler there are two buttons/dials. the left is for on and off, which I've used. The right is for setting low to high. I dont know of any other way to turn off the boiler.

Thanks Alex

The two white valves have a lever on the back end of them.
Can you turn the power off to the heating at the plug under the wiring center and see if they are both still slack or tight?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are these the white boxes on the last picture? - these are inside/underneath and behind a cupboard (next to the boiler and really hard to access - I just held my camera into the space. This may require removing the front panels etc. I won't be able to do this until tomorrow evening. Can then get back to you. Thanks

No problem.
One of these will be stuck open.
You will need to check both move and the one that is stuck you can remove the head and ease the spindle with some WD40.
It may work again, but if not then you will need to replace the whole valve.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
got stuck on trains all evening so didn't get a chance to empty that cupboard and crawl behind it with a torch and WD40. Will have to wait until Wednesday now. As soon as I've got to it, provided there are no more questions resulting from that, I'll complete the rating process ...
No problem- let me know if you need more help