Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a lifestyle 241 drayton programmer and I cannot get

Hi,I have a lifestyle 241 drayton programmer and I cannot get it to boost/overide on the hot water side.It will not work on the timer either.Central heating is fine.
I have a twin valve pumped system.Any thoughts.
Cheers,joe.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I take vit you have a hot water motorised valve and a heating vmotorised valve . do you have a hot water cylinder stat too?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I do have that system set up.

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , most likely your hot water motorised valve motor needs replacing . to test this when you switch the prog for hot water , check that the manual lever for the valve is moving over. What make is motorised valve?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi,when i select hw boost on there is no movement of the lever.

The make is a honeywell,guess it must be 20 years old now.

Joe

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
I'm assuming it will be the motor in the valve , as 9 times out of ten its the faulty part in this situation. If its that old I don't think you can just replace the head as it won't be like the newer ones ,so you will need to drain down and replace , but if you have the model no , I will check that for you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Toby,

it says for head replacement use 40003916-001.Is that still avail.

Joe

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , yes you can . its one sxrew I think to remove the cover then two screws to remove the head body. Replace wires ( take a photo first or write and number) you can get the head from any plumbers merchant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Toby,I will replace it and let you know.

Cheers,

joe.

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Ok, no probs
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , how did you get on? If the answer was correct would mind rating it please , thanks Joe
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Toby,I followed your advice and all is well again thank you.

I think I will replace the central heating valve as well as it is the same model and a similar ageCool