Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

There, All of our toilets are tiled in, and the flush

Customer Question

Hi there,
All of our toilets are tiled in, and the flush has stopped working in one. I have bought an oscillating tool which will arrive tomorrow and I plan to cut the grout around the hollow tiles intended to be removed.
This is my first attem at a plumbing job, any tips on how to get the tile out or anything else I need to be aware of to fix the flush? I'm hoping something ha just disconnected.
Also, how can I refit the tile to create an access point already exists meaning I won't have to cut out the grout next time?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi . if you know exactly where the cistern would be then cut the tiles and wood section out at the same time. If not then remove one tile and small section of wood for an inspection. .once you can see where the top of the cistern is then you can cut a bigger access, but
I'm not sure the builders/ plumber would have allows them to be tiled over like that . are you sure that they are not behind the push button plate?
Lots of concealed cistern toilets have a push button plate that removes to give access to the cistern.
Search ; Hans grohe concealed cistern and look at the images . could yours be one of these?