Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Just moved in got a Procombi 85HE it appears the pilot light

Customer Question

Just moved in got a Procombi 85HE it appears the pilot light is unlit and we can't get hot water,I'm very disabled and not very bright with these things!any ideas guys?we are on meters here They are topped up
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, your combi doesn't have a pilot like older boilers . it has electronic ignition, which will light the boiler upon a demand for hot water or heating.the boiler has to be filled sufficiently with water to start. On the boiler is a pressure gauge. Can you please check this and tell me your pressure readings in bar, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its on One,is that too low and how do we fill it ? Thanks
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi there will be a filling loop somewhere on the pipework . it is a flexible silver pipe with one or two taps each side . if you Google filling loop and look at images they will come up and you will know what to look for . open tap/ taps and fill up to 1.4 bar . then turn power off for two mins to reset . then back on
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , if happy with you answer would you please rate it , thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the gas was turned off at the mains we had to phone someone to find this out and talk us thru it having just moved in,so we didn't use" your answer as such, but thanks anyway
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome