Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a property that currently has three electric showers

I have a property that currently has three electric showers but really low water pressure. (if all three are running the shower heating elements don't kick in)
I have space to install cold water tanks so I can feed the electric showers from the tanks but the tanks can only be a meter above the showers roughly and they would also be housed away from the showers so would have a 40ft run to the showers.
I was wondering whether there is a way of having the cold water from the tanks Pumped on demand to the showers and if so what would be a sensible solution, I am happy to have multiple tanks as this is for a Bunkhouse so the showers will be used in the evenings quite a bit so maybe a main tank and a secondary tank to top up the main one?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , yes that's do-able. I have done this before for three showers. Run a minimum 22 mm pipe from the tank to a 3 or 4.5 Stuart Turner monsoon twin pump , then on to the pipe feeding the three showers ,this should be 22mm pipe and brach off 15 mm to the showers