Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

There. I have an odd issue with my Boiler. I haver a Potterton Suprima 50 boiler that s

Customer Question

Hi there. I have an odd issue with my Boiler. I haver a Potterton Suprima 50 boiler that supplys my extension with hot water and underfloor heating. When I turn the underfloor heating OFF in one particular room (and only this room...) via the thermostat, it trips the boiler out so it stops working and supplying the house with hot water/heat. So basically...the only way I can keep the boielr fired up and supplying hot water is to keep the u/floor heating on in that one room 24/7
its bizarre!
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , I'm afraid the thermostat circuit must have been wired up wrongly causing a short in the boiler . the whole circuit , thermostat, any motorised valves , pumps etc linked to that circuit must be checked by either a heating engineer or electrician or yourself if you have electrical knowledge . look for neutral and live the wrong way round
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a mulitmeter to check a few circuits?Do you have a motorised valve on each circuit?