Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Which is better - Vaillant Ecotech Plus 831 or Worcester Bosch

Which is better - Vaillant Ecotech Plus 831 or Worcester Bosch 30i condensing combi?
Vaillant has 7 year warranty
Worcester - 5 year warranty
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi . they are both dependable boilers . both top of the range, its very hard to compare .parts are available easily for both , but for me vailant just tips it as they have been making combi boilers a little longer.
But if there is a big difference in price you can't go wrong getting whatever is cheaper. With any saving make sure you get a central heating filter( ie, magnaclean) and inline scale reducer on the incoming cold to boiler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I have had different advice on whether to get the system powerflushed. Some say it is a must when installing a new boiler and someone else has said that it can cause pin holes in the old pipe so is not recommended, especially if a magnaclean is being fitted and the system is having a normal flush anyway.

What is your view please?

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I always power flush with no problems. If the pipework is that bad it would show when the pressure increases anyway especially if the old system was tank fed .
Definitely get it power flushed . if they charge too much look at pflush.com cheap and guaranteed .the only thing is power flushing can take half a day and not everyone has a machine or wants to hire one . but no point putting a new boiler onto a dirty system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks again.

The installer said that he doesn't do power flushes because of the damage but can a magnacleanse which is a deeper clean and doesn't damage anything.

Do you know why he would say this and what a magnacleanse is?

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
the magnaclean is strong magnet that picks up the rust( iron oxide that's floating about , but to get a valid warranty from the boiler manufacturer the system has to be flushed.
I can only think the installer would say this for reasons mentioned earlier.
Maybe get another quote.
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience