Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

I have log cabin in my garden, 20 meters from the house. I

I have log cabin in my garden, 20 meters from the house. I plan to use this for my dog grooming business but need to get a water supply there and not sure how to achieve this.
A couple of months ago I put in a garden hose (one of those self cutting type) which take the water from the mains feed from the bathroom. Can I use this supply or will I need to fit a t joint instead?
Will any water feed need to be buried under ground or can I run alongside the garden fence and insulate in some way? If the pressure isn't sufficient, should I install a tank behind the log cabin and again, insulate? I plan to have a low kW shower installed inside the cabin.
Sorry for all the questions, just a bit lost with it all....
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
http://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-plumbing/pipe-fittings/cat4620162?brand=jg_speedfit&productdiameter=15_10_mm%7C15_28_mm%7C15_mm&cm_sp=managedredirect-_-plumbing-_-15mmspeedfit
You can use plastic pipe very easily and just insulate it to the point you want to use it.Just protect your water supply with a non return valve when it leaves the house, make sure you can drain it why you need to and do not drink the water.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the response Andrew. So in short, I should be fine long as I insulate the plastic pipe.
And if the pressure is not sufficient to run the shower by the time the water reaches the cabin? I understand a pump is not acceptable as the water is mains fed, would a gravity fed tank be the only other option?
Thanks, Phillip
There are models on the market that can help now;http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/pumps/home-boost/