Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

My Sabre HE is running cold when my wife showers at 6am but

My Sabre HE is running cold when my wife showers at 6am but runs warm again when I do 2hrs later. Engineer won't come out unless it's broken at the time he comes out but that's always too early! Boiler pressure looks too high (at 2 when off rising to 3 when working) problem happens with/without heating being on
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , boiler pressure is a little high but shouldn't effect the boiler running. If you want to take it down to 1.2 ish then bleed a radiator and release water till it drops .
Could you have showers in the evening, then when engineer comnes boiler will be cold and go to fault situation .
When the boiler runs cold , listen for sounds from boiler ,ie can you hear the fan running, the boiler attempt to light( sparking) can you hear the pump running ( water running through the boiler . do any of the pipes in and out from the boiler get hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
When the fault is active the boiler repeatedly tries to fire up but can't do so. It makes the usual vibration and click sound but nothing fires. The water runs through
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , does the boiler do the same if you put the heating only on?