Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

We have installed new tap to sink and shut off valves to both

We have installed new tap to sink and shut off valves to both hot and cold water.
On reconnection no cold water only hot. Checked and still no water.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi is the cold water supplied from the cold water storage tank?
If it is it is most likely an air lock.. They can be quite hard to get rid off sometimes .
If you have a mixer tap where the hot and cold are both supplied from the tank , ie no mains pressure, then this can sometimes be used to clear it . do you have a mixer tap on your bath?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No mixer on bath.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
OK, are the new taps both fed from the tank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cold from water tank and hot from hot tank. Thanks
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
OK . there are two ways to clear an airlock .one is to push water up the airlocked pipe , the other is to suck water and air through the airlocks pipe ( I use a water vacuum )
To push water up, you would need to run a hose pipe from an outside tap or kitchen cold tap ( mains pressure water ) to the airlocked pipe / tap and run through for a couple of mins till clear .
If this is something you feel comfortable with then that's great , if not this would not take a plumbermore thgan half an hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you we will try this tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Lynn
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience