Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

How to depressurise a Garda Plus HE boiler.

Customer Question

How to depressurise a Garda Plus HE boiler. Current pressure at 3 bar. Also water is escaping through escape pipe to outside of house. This is a constant drip. Many thanks

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
You can do this by bleeding a radiator into a tub.The worry is why the pressure is so high to start with, it sounds like the filling loop (silver flexible pipe) is not turned off correctly or is passing water into the system.You should remove this first and see if it drips, this would be my first suggestion as the alternative (split plate heat exchanger) is more expensive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning.

My apologies for not replying before.

Your advice proved to be correct and everything is now working properly.

Thank you very much for your speedy assistance, and again, apologies for my tardy reply.

Tracey

No problem - just relieved you are sorted and have no frozen to death in the mean time ;-)