Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

I am having problem with water coming up the walls of the cloak

Customer Question

I am having problem with water coming up the walls of the cloak room. appears to be clean water, toilet cistern is inside a field boxing and there is underfloor heating which is off. I am not sure where the leak is coming form and who should investigate, 3 plumbers so far have said this must be coming up from the floor, no one wants to touch the boxing or break the tiles and look.
Extension is one year old, the builder has gone bust.
I have left messages for damp proofing specialists to investigate they have phoned back saying this is not a damp problem.
Which speciality should I be asking to investigate and resolve the problem?I also have insurance but they have stated that they will pay for damage in dealing with the leak but not the leak itself. I am happy to pay whoever can sort this out but have run out of options.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
You should ask the plumber to take the tiles off and the boxing around the cistern to prove it is not leaking or it is condensation.If you were sneaky then you could get the plumbers invoice paid by saying he did a repair in the boxing on the pipework.
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience: City and Guilds qualified plumber
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I think that would be the best way forwards , excellent.

There is a portico which goes onto the walls on the outside but no leak from ceiling in that area, just the floor tiles are coming loose(under floor heating with 100mm concrete on it) and the damp is rising along the walls.

Let me know if you need me again