Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Again. Could you please tell me where I can find the

Hello again. Could you please tell me where I can find the building regs requirements for building a stud wall in England. Thank you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.

Hi .it depends on the purpose and placement of your stud wall. Stud walls lack the soundproofing qualities of a solid wall. Building Regulations insist on an element of sound resistance of a minimum 40 decibels between walls, so you will need to add acoustic insulation to the walls during the construction. Using a mineral wool or acoustic foam inside the studwork should do the job. Alternatively, you could fix two layers of plasterboard to each side of the studwork, but this will take longer. Another option is to buy an acoustically engineered board, such as British Gypsum’s SoundBloc or Knauf’s Silentboard. I suggest reading here first to see if any of these apply to you .http://www.diy-extra.co.uk/stud-wall-regulations.html

To be honest as long as it is of a strong construction , with the above soundproofing there isn't that much to worry about with stud walls