Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I am actually building an additional bathroom as part of one

I am actually building an additional bathroom as part of one of the rooms in my house. I understand that I do not need planning approval but will have to adhere to building regs. I was hoping to be able to discuss the work with a surveyor from the council but I have contacted my local council who say that they do not have a surveyor in my area (Northwest London) at the moment. Am I able to just start work on it, paying attention to the building regs, or do I need to inform them first. Also, how do I get approval for the works?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , no you do not planning approval for putting up internal studwalls for a bathroom . if you were making an extra bedroom you might