canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

I've just had installed an "Easy Living Concentric Mixer

Hi - I've just had installed an "Easy Living Concentric Mixer Shower" with thermostatic cartridge from Homebase but it's not working properly. It starts off ok at a good stable temperature but after a couple of minutes to teperature control know starts to turn by itself (!) in an anticlockwise direction and the water gets hotter and hotter. What should I do? Is this likely to be an installation faulth (might my plumber have attached the pipes to the wrong inlet taps?) or could it be a fault with the valve? Homebase merely says return the unit with proof of purchase which is useless at this stage.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** i have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The issue is that the shower simply was not adjusted properly during installation. The shower has to be set so that when it is on the hottest setting that the temperature matches that setting. Right now the shower setting is not correct so it is trying to adjust to what the setting is. Once the setting is adjusted to match the temperature on the dial then it will function properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. My plumber is on his way so I hope this will help him fix the problem. Anything you would add?
You may want to have him come back in a few months to give a little tune up but once the original adjustments are made it will work just fine. It may take a couple of months of usage for you to get an opinion on what you would like to have adjusted or you may very well find no adjustments are needed at all.
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber and Handyman