Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have a Biasi prisma 24se boiler. The direct hot water

Hi i have a Biasi prisma 24se boiler. The direct hot water runs luke warm. I removed the diverter vale and fitted a new diaphragm and freed off the valve but the water at the tap is still luke warm.I have noticed that the temperature gauge never goes bellow 18 degrees even if the power supply is switched off but not sure if this is normal. Could it be the regulation p.c.b at fault or if not what else could it be.
Duncan.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , it could be the hot water temp stat/ thermistor,if not modst likely the domestic heat exchanger sludged,/ scaled. If it was the heat exchanger the boiler would fire , stop , fire stop as the boiler would be overheating from lack of flow through the heat exchanger