Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

I have a Glow worm 30cXi condensing combi boiler. It was

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Glow worm 30cXi condensing combi boiler. It was serviced in August. I just bled the rad valves and I topped up the pressure from 0.9 to 1 bar. There is now a constant water leak from the reduced pressure zone valve. I have been told before by the engineer that a small leak is quite usual but this is much worse and not stopping after 2 hours.
The filling tube loop and elbow joint look OK and the leak appears to be coming from a short threaded pipe underneath the zone valve. There is also a small rectangular hole above the threaded section which lets the water escape if you bung the hole up with your thumb. Is there anything I can do, or should do until I can get a service engineer out in the morning? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Guys, I have paid the £27 by Paypal and now cannot get back to you. It says that my email address has been used before on another account - Yes, I have asked you questions before. I have forgotten my password ***** am still waiting for your email. Please help!
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
You say the water is dripping from the PRV outside?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the filling loop is ok where the elbow joint goes into the zone valve, but the water is coming from a short threaded outlet on the underside of the zone valve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry took long to answer, but I was filling a short length of hosepipe onto the offending outlet so I could get the water into the sink rather than staying up all night emptying casserole bowls!!
Can you upload a picture?