Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

My bedroom's radiator is not working. others are fine. I

Customer Question

my bedroom's radiator is not working. others are fine. I suspect the thermostat attached the radiator is fixed cold. (I believe I turned to cold last spring) when I remove it I can not see the nod which can be turn up by a spanner. how can I fix it?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , if you have taken the thermostatic head off , you will see a pin, if it is stuck down, use a hammer to gently tap the side of the valve to help free the rubber washer that is stuck to the valve seat. Eventually the valve should free itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your reply.
I removed the thermostatic head but the pin is very thin and impossible to turn.
the picture of similar type of mine is attached. but mine is horizontal.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, i use pliers. But tap the side of the valve till .sometimes you have to bang the valve really hard. If this doesnt work then its time to change the valve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check it again when I get home and will update you. Thank you.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Ok, your welcome