Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have hot water going into my hot water tank, but no hot water

Customer Question

I have hot water going into my hot water tank, but no hot water coming out of tank????
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you have wter coming out of hot taps its hot? So theboiler is running?can you as much detail can, thank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have water coming out of hot taps - only hot when immersion is on.boiler is runninga plumber ( contracted to builder not me ) is half way through fitting a new shower, but says he hasn't touched any of the rest of the system.could he have created a hydralic or air lock?heating workseverything worked ok i think before they changed other pipeshouse is 50 years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water into and out of the actuator - which moves according to programmer is really hot.followed the pipe all the way to the tank, and it is hot into the tankthis hot pipe goes into middle of tank. bottom pipe cold. top pipe room temp
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, to install the showe the plumber would only have to change and pipework. It seems the plumber may have close a wrong valve. There are so many ad plumbers out there. I recommend getting own ti chexk everything now nip it in the before the plumber leaves donr mean to worry you but thats ii recommend .it could be a motorised valve issue
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Either a blockage within hot water tank coil or in the pipe back to the boiker. Check air is released from raand any manu air release valves on pipework in the cylibder cupboard
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for spelling, but the system keeps cutting out this end especially i go back to mistakes
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
By the way did the plumber drain the heating?
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience: Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no he didn't drain heating - i had that brought back up the weekend before though. Newly moved in to house you see.but heating and everything was working before the local workhow could i check about a block in the hot water coil - that sounds likely - as it would explain immersion heating working, water flowing and hot water getting to the tank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone number is ***** 727848
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the water got turned off, and it is a gravity system
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Toby ***********