Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I live in a 1 bedroom house and am having central heating put

I live in a 1 bedroom house and am having central heating put in.Can you tell me the best place to put a combi boiler to save as much water as possible in the kitchen as im on a water meter.I have had 2 quotes one recommends the outside brick outhouse attached to the house the other says the loft. It seems logical that if the pipes are nearer the boiler you wouldnt have to wait so long for it to heat up.
If you can help Id be very grateful.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I say save water I mean the time it takes for hot water to come out of kitchen tap.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would recommend the loft .its more protected from the elements, especially damp.the loft would need boards to the boiler and a loft light
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Make sure the. Boiler has a internal frost stat in both of those locations. If it doesn't the installer will need to fit one to protect from freezing