Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

My boiler is leaking. Landlord sent a plumber and found

Hi, my boiler is leaking. Landlord sent a plumber and found a hole on the upper part of the boiler tank. what is the reason to get a hole? they will repair / replace the boiler but I want to the reason.
Hi , can be caused by changing the immersion heater.If its really tight it can cause a lot of stress on the tank as tendons. Also corrosion occur after a while if it is a stainless steel one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. does that hole cause higher gas bill?
Only if you are heating water that is leaking out a lot
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sure thanks. it is not very a lot. the leaks only the way is replace the boiler? the boiler seems very old.
Most probably would need replacing. The newer ones are more energy efficient so hopefully cheaper bills
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks a lot. I might suggest my landlord.