Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

I turned my boiler off to take a radiator off to be

I turned my boiler off to take a radiator off for it to be skimmed behind earlier today, out the radiator back on, now we have no hot water. I've put the pressure gauge up to 2, had a look at the boiler, it seems like it heats water when hot tap turned in but no hot water comes out??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a biasi boiler. I can send photos??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
No hot water, or no water from the hot tap?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both no hot water at all or no heating, however we knew there probably wasn't going to be heating as I drained a radiator earlier when I took it off? Might be easier if you called? Did you get the photos of the Boiler and pressure gauge
Are you getting cold water from the hot tap?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes cold water from hot tap. When the hot gets turned on and cold water flows it sounds like the boiler is turning on yo make hot water but no hot water comes
Does the boiler actually light?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There's a flashing light on at the moment, I don't know what you mean by light? it makes a start up sound when I turn tap on? It's a biasi m90.24s
You should see the boiler when lit through the hole on the front.
Which light is flashing and is there a rate of flash?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the bottom left light is at a rate of 1, 2 light, 1,2 light. I don't know whether the hole in the middle of the upper boiler should have a light on or not? It doesn't have a light on inside though, which makes me think how do I get the light on? I have pressed the red button on the boiler and it didn't do anything
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've added more photos
Your pressure gauge is reading zero?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light is now flashing quickly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would I turn the undernearth water switch to add more pressure??
Is the gauge still reading zero?
You need to refill the system using the silver flexible pipe und the boiler
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just tried it didn't do anything. I have just bought this place a week ago hence why I don't know what's going on. There is a separate presssure gage in the bedroom which the previous owner mentioned I would need to increase the presssure this way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no silver flexible pipe under boiler?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have turned the yellow lever under but nothing happens
Are you able to locate a silver flexible pipe attached to the pipework under the boiler or near the gauge?
There will be a valve at the other end to the one near the gauge....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If so there's nothing to turn I don't think
The valve at the top is like a washing machine tap and someone has taken the lever off.
Do you have a pair of pliars to turn it with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can do, clock wise it anti clockwise
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Right it's now at 2
Ok, turn off and try the boiler again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep think we're all sorted! I think that because there was no tap it's through me!!
No problem - well done