Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

My Baxi Neta etc boiler is showing error code 128, the flame

Customer Question

Hi my Baxi Neta etc boiler is showing error code 128, the flame failure light is also flashing
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , press and hold the reset button for 1 to 3 secondsFlame failure can be the result of quite few issues, including flame sensing probe fault, fan fault , air pressure switch fault.Have any parts been changed, has this been happening for a while? Are there any other issues with the boiler. Please also give the exact boiler model , thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has been changed recently. I have had to have the engineers out a few times due to drops in pressure, it doesn't seem to hold pressure well. I will try what you suggested and will send the exact model when I get home.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed and held the reset/power button. It flashed for a bit, went off then switched itself on with the same error codes. It's a Baxi Neta Tec 24 GA combi.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hub, when you pressed reset , did it make any sounds, ie like fan running then sparking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing at all.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , its most likely a pcb fault or a temp sensor fault. The temp sensors are relatively cheap so replace these first. If the same replace the pub. I take it the pressure is ok? Around 1.3 bar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see what the pressure is because the error code is flashing, I don't know how to get it to stop! I have an engineer booked in on Friday (it was the back up) so it sounds like I need a part replacing no matter what. Thanks for your help, at least I know what to discuss on Friday and can make sure I'm not being fobbed off.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome .all the best