benjomeen2
benjomeen2, Plumber
Experience:  gas safe registered engineer
91564071

I need to replace the microswitches on a Redring 500S shower,

Customer Question

I need to replace the microswitches on a Redring 500S shower, and am having great difficulty in getting at the existing ones to remove and replace them - do you have any tips to get at the m'switches?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Adam, I am concerned that you might be having a problem to find the right professional! I am sure that any plumber of any ranking will have replaced a m'switch in a shower. I am wondering what sort of organisation you are as you didn't respond pretty much immediately. I need an answer asap as I have one bathroom without a functioning shower. Fortunately we have another bathroom with a shower, but family will arrive Wednesday for a stay. Hope you can get me a response by early tomorrow am.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Adam, I must state that this service is nowhere near as good as I expected it to be. I asked the question on Thursday last week, and I stated yesterday, that I expected an answer by early this morning. If I was looking for extensive knowledge and expertise then I feel that a few days is appropriate. I believe my question could have been answered by anyone who is a plumber. Would you please therefore refund my money as soon as possible, and I will have to go elsewhere for help, Arthur Eastham.
Expert:  benjomeen2 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Arthur , I have only today been accepted as a plumbing expert this evening am sorry if there has been a delay in answering your question . i will certainly like to try and help you . the red ring expressions 500s require that the heating unit needs to be removed to access the micro switches . unfortunately this can be a tricky task on a shower that has been in service for some period of years . remove the temp dial and the heating can . this will now leave access to the micro switch assembly. after that its straight forward . on reassembly i recommend you use a silicon based lubricant to avoid damaging any of the o-ring seals on the heating can . hope this helps . dont hesitate to reply for any more advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated previously, please refund my money as soon as possible.
Expert:  benjomeen2 replied 1 year ago.
Hi i personally are unable to make a refund , if you dont require any more advice please click and accept the answer this will close the question and then forward your complaint to customer services who will be happy to help
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please forward this to the so called administrator. This is an appalling service - fair play to you if you have only just heard about it, but several days to find a plumber, and to take the money upfront? What a load of rubbish. Please pass on, and let them return my money. hope they pay you!
Expert:  benjomeen2 replied 1 year ago.
Hi i am very sorry for your disappointment .
I am very new to this site and you are the first question i was passed , i was passed this yesterday evening .
i personally dont have any other contact details other then the numbers listed on the site, I have listed them below . You can alternatively fill in a form online , but i myself personally prefer to speak directly to someone
You may contact our Customer Support team. In the US or Canada(###) ###-#### ***** the UK 0***-***-****; In Australia 1800-679-634; In New Zealand 0800-452-621; Anywhere else 1-***-***-****. Our team is available to answer your calls 24/7.