benjomeen2
benjomeen2, Plumber
Experience:  gas safe registered engineer
91564071

SirI have a vaillant boiler that has just recently

Customer Question

Hello sir
I have a vaillant boiler that has just recently been fixed at ruinous cost. However it keeps showing the f75 error. i fix it by opening the external filling loop and re pressurising the boiler. this works fine for 24-48 hours but then the same problem occurs and i fix it the same way. should the external filling loop be left permanently open to stop the same problem occurring?
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 11 months ago.
Hi, are you still having the issue?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well it's worked for the past 48 hours and pressure is stable
Ok , that's great
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it happens again what would you recommend?
Well , can I ask a question first? Do you keep having to top the pressure up? And if so do you think this was the problem?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes for the first 3 times, but now the pressure seems to be holding
Ok, that's good . If it goes again and the pressures drops , it probably dumped out of the safety valve to out side. This happens when the expansion vessel that takes up the expanded heated water has gone flat and needs recharging .some times they burst(there's a balloon inside ).If this is ok then I would change the water pressure switch. There is a gauze filter before it that may have blocked. But valiant now do a f75 kit that includes a pressure switch and slightly altered pipe arrangement to fix this .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fantastic, thank you very much!
Your welcome. Have a great Christmas
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You to my friend :)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry buddy, I've just checked it now. It did have pressure on the gauge but f75 still occurred. It was an easy fix (I did the same thing) but annoying
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you know who would be best to contact about this?
Go for a recccomended boiler engineer.ask friends neighbours etc. Someone who repairs boilers on a regular basis
Expert:  benjomeen2 replied 11 months ago.
i certainly am able to help , do you still require advice ?