benjomeen2
benjomeen2, Plumber
Experience:  gas safe registered engineer
91564071

SirI have a vaillant boiler that has just recently

Customer Question

Hello sir
I have a vaillant boiler that has just recently been fixed at ruinous cost. However it keeps showing the f75 error. i fix it by opening the external filling loop and re pressurising the boiler. this works fine for 24-48 hours but then the same problem occurs and i fix it the same way. should the external filling loop be left permanently open to stop the same problem occurring?
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you still having the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it's worked for the past 48 hours and pressure is stable
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Ok , that's great
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it happens again what would you recommend?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Well , can I ask a question first? Do you keep having to top the pressure up? And if so do you think this was the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes for the first 3 times, but now the pressure seems to be holding
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that's good . If it goes again and the pressures drops , it probably dumped out of the safety valve to out side. This happens when the expansion vessel that takes up the expanded heated water has gone flat and needs recharging .some times they burst(there's a balloon inside ).If this is ok then I would change the water pressure switch. There is a gauze filter before it that may have blocked. But valiant now do a f75 kit that includes a pressure switch and slightly altered pipe arrangement to fix this .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic, thank you very much!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. Have a great Christmas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You to my friend :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry buddy, I've just checked it now. It did have pressure on the gauge but f75 still occurred. It was an easy fix (I did the same thing) but annoying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know who would be best to contact about this?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Go for a recccomended boiler engineer.ask friends neighbours etc. Someone who repairs boilers on a regular basis
Expert:  benjomeen2 replied 1 year ago.
i certainly am able to help , do you still require advice ?