Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I was told to take the cover off the top of the immersion

Customer Question

Hi I was told to take the cover off the top of the immersion heater to press a button to reset I turned off the power to do this after I reset I put the power on to see if it was working and forgot to turn it off again to put the cover back on whilst doing this something blew and a lot of sparks came off the top any ideas what I have just done
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you might have shorted out the wires. With the power off check the wiring is all tight with no loose wires. The earth should be tight, so wiring should be tight. The fuse in the spur will probably need changing. Check the fuse box hasn't tripped. Then put the cover back on and turn power back on . If it blows again, most likely the element has gone and would need replacing.