Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

My M96A.24SM/C boiler isnt lighting. the leftmost in the

Hi my M96A.24SM/C boiler isnt lighting. the leftmost in the set of three lights is flashing once a second and the other two are off. the dials are set to the ignition sequence settings, and the red lockout light isnt on. temp is at 10 degrees pressure at 1 bar. Gas is supplied as the cooker works. The timer is also not working. and is flashing not allowing me to change the time or settings
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm the make of the boiler please and the approximate age?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not sure of the age. Im a new tenant
But the make is a Biasi M96A 24SM/C
Here is a link to the manual;http://www.biasi.co.uk/assets/public/installer_literature/57/Riva%20Compact%20HE%20(MK2)Combi_Service%20Manual.pdfAccording to page 20, this is the boiler in standby mode - no demand.What happens to the lights when you run the hot tap?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well 10 minutes ago nothing happened. it just wouldnt work but i just turned a tap on and it worked. so thats my bad. But the timer unit is still broken
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the timer unit is just flashing 12.00 and not receiving input from the buttons
You can leave the heating on contant and control by the room thermostat until it is replaced.The easier option is to replace the room thermostat with a programmable one and then you are sorted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay fair enough. Cheers. Sorry for wasting time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont want to seem rude. because obviously this is entirely my fault
but is there any chance i could have a refund as nothing was really achieved? If not then fair enough. just asking.Cheers ***** ***** help.
Glad you are sorted.It's not up to me - try speaking to customer services, but they will say that you have used this service and need to pay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah fair enough.
Well cheers anyway