Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

Swapped my indirect cylinder like after draining

Swapped my indirect cylinder for a like for like after draining down disconnected top vent pipe/outlet feed, bottom cold water supply feed from tank in loft and disconnected the two internal coil feeds-not now connected to heating system, fitted new immersion heater refilled tank in loft which filled and also filled cylinder but no water to taps, I know the cylinder is filled as I released the top vent/outlet connection so I can't understand why the water does not flow to the taps in either the bathroom or kitchen hot tap.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , you have an air lock. In the kitchen you may be able to use the cold main tap to push water back up the hot pile to push air up and out into the cold water storage tank.Open the hot tap fully, then the cold forcing it up into the hot we goin of the tap. Do this for a few mins. Then try the basin hot and bath. If nothing is happening, open the bath tap hot, and do the same with kitchen tap as before .if this doesn't work come bank to me