Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have an oil boiler, I have no water getting to the loft tank

Customer Question

I have an oil boiler, I have no water getting to the loft tank or to the cylinder, now and then I get a small amount of hot water through, my heating on the rads is working fine and no strange noises banging or other wise, just no hot water
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , do you have an internal stopcock? The washer may have come loose and is stuck on the seating.. have you pushed the ballvalve arm down in the tank to see if is stuck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please you are not listening to the in put I am giving you. The oil boiler is working, the hot water is not coming through to the taps, in fact no water is coming through the hot water pipes, I have full mains power, the tanks in the loft are empty and no ball valves are stuck open or closed, there is no water going to the cylinder or to any of the Toilet systems in the house,, the pump on the boiler is working fine as is the settings and clocks, in short there is just no water getting to the header tank to be used the tanks are bone dry
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , yes I understand that . You have no water getting to the tank of taps. Is that right?