Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

I have just fitted a new rad in the walk-in wardrobe of a house

I have just fitted a new rad in the walk-in wardrobe of a house and it works perfectly. Unfortunately the next one in line which is 8 feet below in the lounge has stopped working. Do you have any sugggestions on what might be wrong?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , did you balance the new one down? One valves is for on and off, the other is for balancing. This valve must be turned off, then opened only enough that the radiator gets hot but not enough to take the flow to other radiators. If you turn the new radiator off and the lounge one gets hot, then you know it is due to that issue. Then open the balancing valve only slightly,till both are getting hot