Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
77408428

The shower problem is that it is running cold I have a manual

Customer Question

The shower problem is that it is running cold
I have a manual shower with mixer for hot and cold. The flow valve knob and thermostat is all one knob. I know how to turn the water off at the mains and to remove the shower control knob and the enclosure.
My question is, how do i adjust the thermostat to get the shower to run hot?
Sorry I don't know the make of the shower
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , if your shower is thermostatic ,ie it controls the temperature wherever you set it , even if other taps are used then the shower cartidge would need replacing. Is it definitely thermostatic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes definitely thermostatic. The control knob has Hot, Cold and Thermostat written on it.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Ok , thanks. It is most likely the cartridge is faulty. After a while they stop operating properly and need replacing.Showerdoctor have a service where they will try to identify a shower model if you send them a photo,however if you can upload one here , I will see if I can identify it