Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

I tried to contact you earlier but my computer shut

Hello. I tried to contact you earlier but my computer shut down! sorry about that. My boiler won't turn off unless i turn off from the switch in the kitchen under the boiler. i have an ideal logic heat 12...
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you have a stuck motorised valve.If you turn of the power at the fused spur then check the valve and tell me if the lever is still slack?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm new to all his, please excuse my ignorance! By fused spur, do you mean the main heating power switch? I have turned off and on. By "valve", do you mean the small Honeywell "metal box" attached to the pipes in front of my tank in the airing cupboard? If so, it has a what seems like a spring loaded lever. It has some resistance when I try to slide it across. This is the case with the main boiler power switch on or off. My thermostat is showing "off" for both water and heating. I have 6 radiators, 4 with dials and 2 without dials to raise/lower temp. The 2 without the adjusting dials remain on whenever the boiler is pored on but all others are off.
Great description.Just the one Honeywell box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, . So, I'm up for a new "honeywell box" then! Thanks Andrew.
No problem.Word of advice, when swapping the head change one wire at a time until it is swapped.