canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

Our shower drain was blocked so we bought caustic soda to clear

Our shower drain was blocked so we bought caustic soda to clear it. Now it's blocked solid with something cement like that my drain snake won't touch!
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also tried a plunger.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Any kind of drain cleaner that you pour in is bad news. It will take the blockage and melt it and cause it to stick to the piping like cement. The only option now is to rent a machine with a grinding head to grind out the blockage. If you have not ever operated this type of tool before than it is best to have it professionally done. Inexperience can get the tool stuck in the piping and then you have a real mess.